How’s it going with you? It’s been quite a busy week and a lot’s been happening with me lately, things that I may share in the near future. In the meantime, this is a quick update.
* At the beginning of this month, I was so excited about life and living and I tagged it “Happy September”. So whenever something was going wrong and I was losing my joy, I’d remind myself “Happy September” and refuse to be depressed. The last 10days have been HARD!
* Everyone seems to me moving these days. Not everyone really, but two of my closest friends have left the country for further studies in the last couple of weeks. I miss them a great deal already.
* I seem to be making a lot of progress at work. I’m the only lawyer in my department so I’m kinda like the go-to person whenever there’s an issue. Been taking my team on several trainings, 30 minutes before proper work begins everyday. Next week, I get to train Management for 4hours. That’s so rad!!!!! *fist pump*
* Also about work, the Director General of my commission will be visiting my zonal office for the first time next week, guess who is writing the welcome address? Yup! 😀
* You know how you feel like you’re in control of a particular habit or something like that until you’re faced with serious temptation? It’s hard! But I know I’m not fighting alone so this too shall pass.
* I hate it when two people don’t get along and you’re friends with both of them. I don’t want to have to choose sides. Why can’t everyone just get along? Sigh
* You know the internet-fast I did earlier this month, I should do it again. Social media is overrated! Maybe I came back too soon. Even with the new twitter account and following just a handful, I’m still disappointed that there’s way too much negativity in the world.
* I learned a lot about myself this month. It’s shocking I didn’t know some of these stuff before now. Some of the new info is kinda hard to deal with. Is it possible to change or at least control some aspects of your personality? Will that make me less me?
* I love my brother! This shouldn’t be an issue, right? It’s funny that I resented him for years. We’ve had drama as I’m sure most siblings do but now, I can honestly, wholeheartedly say I love my brother! This excites me.
* I’ve always had more male friends that female. It’s always been easier for me to relate with guys. I just found out something that makes me want to question every (or almost all) friendship I have with the opposite sex. So unfair!
* There’s something God has told me to do and He’s been telling me for a while now. I honestly don’t want to do it cause I know it’d be really hard. The funny thing is this month, I’ve had several people tell me they saw me in their dream, doing that very thing! Now when someone walks up to me and says “I saw you in my dream” or “God says to tell you…” I already know where they are going. God doesn’t play fair. Anyway, I yield. I’m going to do it and trust that His grace is sufficient for me. I’m gonna need y’all to keep me in your prayers. I don’t want to change my mind again.
* Today, I’m grateful for the gift of hearing and the ability to appreciate good music. What are you grateful for?
Have an awesome day!