I got nominated for the Liebster award a while ago and I have no idea how I’m only just seeing it.
First of all yaaaaaay!!!! I’m excited that someone thinks my blog is awesome enough to be nominated. Seeing as it’s my first, I’m ubër excited! Thank you so much Shade of A Teen Journal for nominating me. Gracias bella!!!
• Thank the person who nominated you
• List 11 random facts about yourself
• Answer the questions they have asked
• Nominate 11 other people
• Ask the nominees 11 questions
• Last and but not least, let them know
you have nominated them.
11 Random facts about me:
Hmmm let’s see…
1. I don’t have a pet. Animals don’t like me much (that’s my story and I’m sticking to it)
2. I’ve been to sixteen states in Nigeria, including the FCT
3. Blue’s my favorite color.. All shades of blue
4. Architecture fascinates me
5. I hate having my picture taken
6. I have really fragile/tiny hands for someone my size (I think it’s cute)
7. I love how slender my fingers are
8. I love gifts that come with handwritten notes
9. I could go months without television and not miss it
10. I write letters to God (but you already knew that.. Hehe)
11. I am overly sensitive (you can interpret this anyway you choose and you most likely will be right.. Lol)
Now to the questions asked…
1. What is your favorite show?
Hmmm can I actually pick a favorite? I don’t watch too much television but when I do, I love watching cooking, make over and fashion shows mostly.
2. What inspires your writing?
Life.. Lol. My life mostly. I write the way I perceive things. That’s one reason why most of what I write is in the first person (even fiction). My journey and growth in my relationship with God is a major determinant in most of what I write. I write what I feel… If I can’t feel it, I most likely can’t put it to words.
3. Who is your favorite author?
I don’t feel like I’ve read widely enough to be able to answer this question. I don’t have favorites really, I just read whatever I find and hope I like it.. Lol.
4. If you had a chance to date any celebrity at all, who will it be?
Ryan Gosling! Hahaha.. Or Common. Or John Legend. Or Banky W. Or John Mayer. Or Mali Music. Dem a plenty mehn!! Lol… Truth is even though all these people I’ve mentioned are gorgeous!!!!!!!, what really makes them attractive is how smart/witty I perceive them to be. Like, it’s just not fair to the rest of the world that you look so yum and then have amazing brains to go with it.
5. What is your favorite meal?
Like I said, I hardly do favs but if I absolutely had to pick, it’d be starch and banga. But you see the thing is on some days, I’d pick pounded yam and egusi instead, or shrimp fried rice, or even plain ol’ indomie noodles… I’m too much of a foodie to have a favorite ‘cos I want to experiment and eat everything (well, almost everything).
6. What is your favorite song?
Why do you keep doing this to me???? 😥 I can’t choose!!! Lol! Way too many amazing songs in the world to pick just one! I don’t even have a favorite genre. Currently though, my “happy song” is David Guetta and Sia’s Titanium. However, this is in no way my favorite song. Not even close. Not even top twenty. Or fifty.
7. What other movie have you cried for apart from Titanic?
Lol! Wrong question! The question should have been “what movie have you NOT cried for”. Everything makes me cry. I’m a sappy sap. I admit it.
8. If you had one wish…
I’d like to go back nine years with all the knowledge I have now and change some of the decisions I made. I’m learning and accepting now though that things happen for a reason. And that everything will work out for my good. Those decisions shaped me. When I look in the mirror, I can either love or hate who I see. I choose to love me and work on being the best me there could be. That said, I’d maybe wish for… (Why does it have to be one wish?!) the ability to hear every song ever written at least once
9. Are you a completely different person online?
Nope. I couldn’t hide the real me even if I tried. But I am making a conscious effort to be more positive… Offline as well. Even on my blog, I try to be as real as possible. I have flaws, that’s what make me human. And while I’m working on improving myself, I’m not afraid or ashamed to show who I am now.
*That said, I am very shy in person so I might “sound” a bit more bubbly online than I am offline, I think. (That is until I’m comfortable around you, then I can be crazy!! Hehe)
10. If a fight suddenly breaks out in front of you, what would you do?
Run!!! Lol. Seriously, I hate violence and I can’t stand the sight of blood. I’d just call for help.
11. How do you spend your free time?
Depends on my mood. Read a book. Write. Sleep. On social networking sites. Cook. Make music (or try to)… Pinterest and Houzz are my current obsession.
1. Scarlet Thread
2. La Bella Imperfezione
4. Life Is What You Make It
5. Yinkus Pinkus
6. Sisi Jacobs
7.One Little Corner
8. …The Foot Of The Hill
9. London Letters
10. Greens and Sunshine
11. Learning To Breathe
My questions for the nominees..
1. What’s the most important relationship in your life?
2. What book are you currently reading? If none, what was your last read?
3. What’s your most annoying habit?
4. If you could only read one book in the world, what would it be? (Apart from the Bible)
5. If you could change just one thing in the world, what would it be?
6. What’s the one gadget you can’t do without in your life, and why?
7. One physical feature on yourself you wish you could change
8. What inspires your way of life?
9. Favorite day of the week, and why?
10. Favorite holiday and why?
11. If you could only travel to one place in the world, where would it be?
NOTE: There is no general committee that handles this award. It’s really just a recognition from one blogger to another for how awesome they are. Kind of like a really big internet hug!
I think this about does it. Hope I’m not missing anything.. Off to inform all who have been nominated.