How’s your weekend going? Hopefully, you’ve had an exciting one. I’m kinda sad it’s coming to an end, mostly because I need a few extra hours to rest before the hassle of the new week. My weekends are generally very busy.. I could use some more hours in the day. Aside from that though, it’s been a really good weekend, quite productive.
Yesterday, I put this up as my bbm personal message, “What are you grateful for?” And I got quite a number of responses. Then someone asked me what I was grateful for. I have a long list of things that I’m genuinely grateful for but I’ll share with you what I’m grateful for today.
* For the miracle of sleeping and waking up.
* For the gift of a mother’s love and sacrificial giving.
* For life and for living
* For gifts, talents, abilities and untapped resources
* For the gift of salvation and adoption into God’s family
* For music, worship, expressions of praise, thanksgiving and love.. And for the ability to partake in it
* For the gift of the five senses
* For food, shelter, and clothing
* For safety from natural disasters
* For dreams and hope for the future
* For visions of heaven and the piece of it experienced here on earth everyday
* For family and friends
* For growth, learning and discovering
I’m not sure who started it, but sometime ago on twitter, there was a “what are you grateful for” trend. I remember looking forward to reading what people had to be grateful for each day; little things that we ordinarily take for granted. At that time I also did a 30days gratitude challenge and I even got a gratitude journal. Recently, I’ve been making a conscious effort to think about at least one thing that I’m thankful for each day. The more we focus on things that are out of our reach, the more frustrated we become. God wants us to be content, and one way to ensure living a life of contentment is to be grateful for what we have.
Take some time out today and everyday this week to focus on the things that you have, and be truly thankful for them. Spend 7days being thankful and take your mind off the worries of life… Living is so much easier when we find contentment.
Have a blessed week.